Skip To Content
  • Home
  • Articles
  • FEMA Urges Florence Victims to Start Filing Insurance Claims

FEMA Urges Florence Victims to Start Filing Insurance Claims

Representatives with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) are advising survivors of hurricane Florence to start the process of filing insurance claims for damage. You may qualify for federal assistance to cover losses not included in your homeowner, renter or other insurance policies.

FEMA is currently concentrating on those who were forced to evacuate, had serious damage, don’t have anywhere to go, or are still in shelters. If you have needs that you think insurance is not going to cover, you can register for federal disaster assistance.

Victims should call the state’s emergency 211 number for critical needs like food or water. Residents with serious damage who are unable to get home can register for FEMA aid at or by calling 1-800-621-3362.

You may be able to get some money for basic home repairs as well as temporary rental assistance so that you can rent a place to live temporarily until you can begin the recovery, make repairs, move back home or figure out a longer-term housing solution.

FEMA is working with the state on long-term housing for storm victims who are unable to return to their home because of damage.


For more information, see WECT’s local news coverage at



Trackback from your site.

Leave a Reply