Pre-inspections Could Be A Home Seller Differentiator
Local market reports from the #relentless sales professionals of Century 21 Real Estate nationally indicate that supply in some local markets is moving toward demand equilibrium. As such, DOM (days on market) is increasing, and sellers looking for a competitive edge could consider a pre-inspection.
Sellers who hire a pre-home inspection can set themselves apart from the competition in many ways, including:
- Enhances curb appeal: New shingles on the roof, a newly-tarred driveway and a brand-new front door, to name a few, could help propel you and your home in a more positive light, and encourage buyers to view your property.
- Eliminates potential surprises: If you know there’s a leak in your showerhead, windows that don’t open and close properly or the gutter system is not up to code, you can get ahead and have those items fixed before the home you get to a closing table. Plus, it shows confidence in the home, and its structural foundation and operating condition to the buyer.
- Helps get to close: Even the smallest things could interfere with a successful closing. By having repairs completed or known in advance by the buyer, problems at closing, if there are any, typically are minor concerns easily rectified during that time.
Of course, sellers must realize that they: 1) will pay for their own inspection, 2) must feel comfortable opening their home to buyer scrutiny and 3) understand that the buyer will still likely have their own home inspector.
Reach out to CENTURY 21 Sweyer relentless sales professionals for details:
- Wilmington: 910.256.0021
- Downtown Wilmington: 910.342.5500
- Carolina Beach: 910.458.3739
- Holden Beach: 910.842.5500
- Hampstead: 910.270.3606
- Jacksonville: 910.353.7755
- Morehead City: 252.240.2100
ABOUT CENTURY 21: The 130,000 independent relentless sales professionals in approximately 10,000 offices spanning 82 countries and territories in the CENTURY 21 System live their mission every day: to defy mediocrity and deliver extraordinary experiences. By consistently chasing excellence, giving 121% and always elevating, the CENTURY 21 brand is helping its affiliated brokers/agents to be the first choice for real estate consumers and industry professionals worldwide.
©2019 Century 21 Real Estate LLC. All Rights Reserved. CENTURY 21®, C21® and the CENTURY 21 Logo are registered service marks owned by Century 21 Real Estate LLC. Century 21 Real Estate LLC fully supports the principles of the Fair Housing Act and the Equal Opportunity Act. Each office is independently owned and operated.